Search This Blog

woensdag 6 februari 2013

'Dancing on Ice': Ashley Roberts "really emotional" over Shayne exit


Dancing on Ice judge Ashley Roberts has admitted that she got "really emotional" over Shayne Ward's exit from the reality show last weekend.

Ward was controversially eliminated from the ITV series on Sunday (February 3) after losing a skate-off to soap star Matt Lapinskas.

Commenting on the X Factor singer's exit, Roberts told Daybreak: "I was really emotional, I didn't expect to feel that because we didn't think they would be in the bottom two.

"We were in total shock and [Shayne] was just starting to get it. He was in it, he was having fun, he was giving us that fire - and then we had to let him go. So I was pretty upset about it. Matt even stumbled [in the skate-off], but he was the stronger performer."

Speaking about how she's coping with her first series as a judge, the Pussycat Doll star added: "It's colourful... It's fun. It's interesting - it keeps you on your toes, that's for sure. I think I've officially become the buffer - that's what the media has called me - in between Jason [Gardiner] and Karen [Barber].

"I'm not on the ice every day but it's giving me that itch to get out there. I just see them out there performing and I'm like, 'I want to get out there and do a performance'."