Search This Blog

vrijdag 6 juli 2012

'Smash' star Katharine McPhee: 'We're excited to have Jennifer Hudson'

Katharine McPhee has said that she is "excited" to work with Jennifer Hudson on Smash.

Hudson signed on to appear on the NBC series' second season as Tony-winning Broadway star Veronica Moore, who impacts the lives of Karen (McPhee) and Ivy (Megan Hilty).

McPhee has admitted that she is unsure what Smash execs have in store for Veronica but revealed that she and the rest of the cast are looking forward to Hudson's arrival.

"I do know she's going to be more of an iconic Broadway figure who has interaction with me and Megan but I don't know what that means yet," McPhee explained to Parade.

"I don't know what kind of character she is yet but I'm very excited to have her on the show. I've met her several times and she's very sweet. We're all excited to have her!"

Hudson recently described her role on Smash as "the perfect opportunity" and confessed that she is slightly "intimidated" to join the show.