Search This Blog

woensdag 21 december 2011

Joanna Lumley: Ab Fab could go on and on

Joanna Lumley: Ab Fab could go on and on

Joanna Lumley thinks 'Absolutely Fabulous' can go "on and on".

The 65-year-old actress has resumed her role of Patsy Stone in the sit-com for three anniversary specials over the festive season and is hopeful co-star Jennifer Saunders will pen even more episodes of the show, which originally ran from 1992 to 1996 and 2001 to 2005.

She said: "My enthusiasm for the show will never wane. I can't see why it can't go on and on.

"We've got another anniversary episode coming out next year and then we all want to do a film the year after. The film will happen for sure.

"I am so proud to be part of this show. And as long as people laugh and go, 'Hurray, it's back, I'll be pleased.' "

Joanna also promised fans are in for a "shock" with the new episodes and admitted even she was taken by surprise by the plot twist.

She told the Daily Mirror newspaper: "I was not expecting the shock in the first two new episodes. And I don't think anyone else will be either.

"But that's what's so great about the way Jennifer writes. It's not predictable."