Search This Blog

maandag 26 december 2011

Tinchy: I turned down Big Brother

Tinchy: I turned down Big Brother

Tinchy Stryder has dropped out of the next series of Celebrity Big Brother.

The 25-year-old rapper behind hit single Number 1 worried that an appearance on the reality show could damage his credibility, according to a report in The Sun.

"I asked myself whether people I respect would go on a show and I decided that they wouldn't," he explained.

The grime star, who rose to the top of the charts with hit single Number 1, revealed that he was offered a huge amount of cash to join the Big Brother house.

Tinchy declined to reveal how much Channel 5 offered him, but says he has no regrets over turning down the offer.

"Music is my first thing," he declared. "I love the people that support me and just know in my heart it wasn't the right thing to do."

The twelfth series of Celebrity Big Brother is set to air on Channel 5 in January.