Search This Blog

maandag 26 december 2011

Barry McGuigan scared about Strictly

Barry McGuigan scared about Strictly

Boxing legend Barry McGuigan says he's more nervous about the 'Strictly Come Dancing' Christmas special than he ever was about one of his fights.

The former World Featherweight Champion is taking part in the festive version of the BBC One dancing show tomorrow (25.12.11) and admits it's one of the scariest things he has ever done.

He told The Sun newspaper: "This is more nerve-racking than when I fought in front of 20million people on TV.

"I trained for that and spent my career preparing for that moment. But here I am out of my comfort zone and putting myself up for ridicule. People say boxers should be good at dancing because they have rhythm but that doesn't mean I am necessarily co-ordinated.

"I've been coached for years to stand side-on, keep my arms close to my body, keep my chin tucked in and make myself as small as possible. But when you're dancing you need to do the opposite and have to open up your chest and chin and keep your arms out.

"I have to remember it's a laugh - and hopefully my performance will be better than laughable."