Search This Blog

dinsdag 17 januari 2012

Noel Fielding: 'I wouldn't mind being on Doctor Who'

Noel Fielding: 'I wouldn't mind being on Doctor Who'

Noel Fielding has admitted that he is keen to appear in Doctor Who.

The Noel Fielding's Luxury Comedy star praised the BBC sci-fi drama in an interview with the Radio Times.

"I wouldn't mind being on Doctor Who," he revealed. "I like the guy who does it at the moment [Matt Smith] and I thought David Tennant was amazing."

He joked: "Next [time] I think we need an androgynous, slightly dippy Doctor who gets everything wrong."

Bill Bailey - Fielding's predecessor on BBC Two panel quiz Never Mind the Buzzcocks - played a minor role in the recent Doctor Who Christmas special.

Television host Fern Britton recently admitted her dislike for Doctor Who while filming an episode of the revamped Room 101.

"I think Doctor Who is the most dreary thing," she said. "I hate sci-fi as it's not real, and all these people who are fans think it's real and it's some sort of religion to them."

It has been confirmed that Who stars Karen Gillan (Amy) and Arthur Darvill (Rory) will depart the show mid-way through the next series.

Doctor Who is expected to return to BBC One in late 2012.