Search This Blog

zaterdag 4 februari 2012

'Britain's Got Talent' David Walliams: I was scared of pressing buzzer

'Britain's Got Talent' David Walliams: I was scared of pressing buzzer

David Walliams has admitted that he initially found it difficult to buzz Britain's Got Talent contestants.

Speaking on Radio 2 today, the ITV talent show judge said he originally believed his experiences at auditions would make him reluctant to criticise acts.

"I thought the hardest thing would be pressing the buzzer because, you know, I'm an actor," he said. "I've been in an audition and I know what it's like to get rejected."

Of how he overcame his fear, the Little Britain comic explained: "It's tough, but actually sometimes people are rubbish and you want them to stop what they're doing.

"And also sometimes you want to save their embarrassment because the audience are shouting, 'Off'. So you want to press the buzzer too, so they don't humiliate themselves any more."

Meanwhile, describing his banter with boss Simon Cowell, he added: "Simon's laughing, the audience are laughing and it's all good. I didn't need to worry because he's got a great sense of humour and he's like the king and I'm the court jester."

Britain's Got Talent will return to ITV1 with new panellists Walliams and Alesha Dixon in the spring.