Search This Blog

woensdag 1 februari 2012

Lana Del Rey on 'SNL' Fiasco: 'I Actually Felt Good About It'

Lana Del Rey on 'SNL' Fiasco: 'I Actually Felt Good About It'

Lana Del Rey is definitely one of a kind. At least when it comes to her opinion about her recent performance on "Saturday Night Live."

Del Rey -- who was ripped to shreds by the Twitterverse, actress Juliette Lewis and NBC anchor Brian Williams, among others, for her somnambulistic performance of her single "Video Games" earlier this month, sat down with Rolling Stone to discuss the fiasco.

The singer's verdict?

"I actually felt good about it," Del Rey opined to the magazine. "I thought I looked beautiful and sang fine."

Moreover, she revealed, "The cast and crew said they loved it."

While Del Rey does acknowledge that "I'm not a natural performer or exhibitionist," she also figures she would have caught heat regardless of how the performance turned out.

"There's backlash about everything I do. It's nothing new. When I walk outside, people have something to say about it," Del Rey offered. "It wouldn't have mattered if I was absolutely excellent."

Sure, Lana; and people also tend to forget that, despite everything else, the buffet on the Titanic was delicious.