Search This Blog

zondag 26 februari 2012

Olly Murs 'told to choose between Xtra Factor and music career'

Olly Murs 'told to choose between Xtra Factor and music career'

Olly Murs has reportedly been told to choose between hosting The Xtra Factor and his music career.

The singer is hoping to return to the show alongside Caroline Flack in the summer, but it clashes with a number of commitments in Europe and the US where he plans to launch his new album.

Simon Cowell apparently wants both Murs and Flack back to host a second series of the ITV2 spin-off, and has told the former X Factor contestant to put his international music career on hold.

"I really want to do it but when I asked Simon if I could just do the live shows, he said, 'No, it wouldn't be possible'," Murs told The Mirror.

Flack added: "They asked me if I'd consider presenting with someone else. But that'd feel just weird - I love Olly!"

Murs previously admitted that he may quit The Xtra Factor over fears of being "typecast" by the role.

Murs recently debuted the video for his new single 'Oh My Goodness', which will be officially released on April 1 .