Search This Blog

zondag 26 februari 2012

Paula Abdul denies 'X Factor' axe feud: 'Simon Cowell still my friend'

Paula Abdul denies 'X Factor' axe feud: 'Simon Cowell still my friend'

Paula Abdul has denied reports that she "went ballistic" after being told of her axing from The X Factor USA.

The 'Opposites Attract' singer confirmed her departure from the competition last month, claiming in a statement that she had an "absolute understanding of the situation".

"Simon Cowell and I, along with Fox and Fremantle, have been communicating about this for a while now," she explained at the time. "Simon is, and will remain, a dear friend of mine and I've treasured my experience working this past season."

However, a report in The New York Daily News alleged that Abdul "told Simon that she felt used" when the decision was made for her to leave the panel and threatened to "rant and rave on Twitter" about it.

Taking to the social networking site in the wake of the article, Abdul hit at "gossip mills" for "churning out a steady stream of fiction about me".

"Truth is, I parted ways amicably & remain friends w/ Fremantle, Fox & Simon," she wrote. "Just saw all my Fox friends the other day... I know it's boring & under-whelming (sic), but hey, the truth usually is."

Nicole Scherzinger has also confirmed that she will be leaving The X Factor USA, while Steve Jones will not return to host a second season.

Britney Spears, Beyoncé, Mariah Carey, Katy Perry and LeAnn Rimes have been tipped as possible replacements for Abdul and Scherzinger.

Cowell confirmed this week that the two new judges will both be female.