Search This Blog

dinsdag 28 februari 2012

'Strictly': Ola Jordan volunteers to replace Alesha Dixon

'Strictly': Ola Jordan volunteers to replace Alesha Dixon

Ola Jordan has thrown her hat into the ring as a possible new Strictly Come Dancing judge.

The pro dancer has put herself forward to replace Alesha Dixon on the panel when the show returns to BBC One later this year.

"I would like to see me replacing Alesha. I would be a good judge," Jordan told The Sun.

"It has to be someone interesting and I think they are looking for a girl, so here I am! I've done six series, I'm a dancer and I've won it.

"I hope they choose someone to do with dancing because much as I liked Alesha, she didn't say anything interesting to me as a professional dancer."

Jordan won Strictly in 2009 with sports presenter Chris Hollins. Her other professional partners have included Paul Daniels, Andrew Castle and footballer Robbie Savage.

The Polish-born dancer is married to fellow Strictly star James Jordan.

Alesha Dixon departed Strictly in January after landing a deal with Simon Cowell to judge Britain's Got Talent. The BBC is expected to announce her replacement in the summer.