Search This Blog

woensdag 14 maart 2012

Ashton Kutcher, Chuck Lorre: Two and a Half Men future not guaranteed

Ashton Kutcher, Chuck Lorre: Two and a Half Men future not guaranteed

Two and a Half Men executive Chuck Lorre and star Ashton Kutcher have revealed that the show has yet to be renewed for another season.

Speaking at their PaleyFest panel, the duo claimed that the CBS sitcom is likely, but not guaranteed, to return.

Asked about whether he would be back for a tenth season, Kutcher said: "Here's the thing, I don't think that the show's been picked up for another year. I'm absolutely adoring the time that I'm having, but I haven't heard from the powers that be yet, so I don't know."

Lorre added: "It's unusual when they cancel a show that's in the top ten. I think there's hope... I think reinventing the show going forward, everybody has to sign back up."

However, he noted that the decision to renew Two and a Half Men was "above [his] pay grade".

Kutcher later confirmed his intention to continue playing Walden Schmidt if the show is brought back.

"We are like some kooky sons of bitches," he declared. "For me, it's really the magic of getting to know someone you're working with. And right now, I want to work with these guys."

Former Two and a Half Men star Charlie Sheen last month called for the series to be axed, saying: "I'm tired of pretending like the show doesn't suck... When you take away the anchor from your show, which they stupidly did, you go adrift."

He later apologised for his "disrespectful" comments about Kutcher in the same interview.