Search This Blog

woensdag 14 maart 2012

Five singer Sean Conlon 'rejected at The Voice UK audition'

Five singer Sean Conlon 'rejected at The Voice UK audition'

Former Five member Sean Conlon reportedly auditioned for BBC One's upcoming The Voice UK.

The singer - whose band scored three number one singles - did not make it through to the next stage of the competition however, after all four coaches chose not to turn around to approve his audition.

Coach Jessie J admitted that she was shocked to see Conlon after she eventually turned around, as she was a fan of Five in the 1990s.

"I was so excited about Sean from Five auditioning but I couldn't believe I didn't turn around for him," she told BANG Showbiz. "He was the first concert I ever went to.

"The way I react when I realise it's him will be the moment people realise I am still very much in a dream world and pinching myself that I'm here."

Conlon said that he was "gutted" to have failed his audition as he was looking to "close the door on Sean from Five".

Danny O'Donoghue added: "My heart goes out to every contestant, we've heard some really phenomenal singers. Hair raising. It takes a lot of confidence to come up on stage and audition, especially someone like Sean, but he's moved on from it and is still trying."

The Voice will launch on Saturday, March 24 on BBC One at 7pm. It will clash with ITV1's rival show Britain's Got Talent.