Search This Blog

zondag 18 maart 2012

Brett Ratner, Sony Teaming on 'I Want My MTV' Big Screen Adaptation

Brett Ratner, Sony Teaming on 'I Want My MTV' Big Screen Adaptation

A film about the early days of the music network will be based on the hit book.

The producer/director will adapt the book I Want My MTV: The Uncensored Story of the Music Video Revolution for Sony, the studio confirmed, bringing to life the words by authors Craig Marks and Rob Tannenbaum. The script will be written by Jody Lambert, whose debut screenplay, Welcome to People, will soon be released under the name People Like Me.

“We’re particularly delighted by Sony’s offer to give me and Rob a cameo as Wham!,” Marks said in an email to The Hollywood Reporter.

Ratner is a producer on the upcoming Snow White project Mirror Mirror, and will be directing the Dwayne Johnson-starring Hercules: The Thracian Wars, which is due out in 2014. He may direct, though no decision has been announced.