Search This Blog

zondag 18 maart 2012

'Take Me Out' makers Thames accused of fakery

'Take Me Out' makers Thames accused of fakery

Former Take Me Out contestants have allegedly accused the show of fakery.

"Several" female players were ordered by producers to keep their lights on despite their reluctance to go on a date with certain men, The Mirror reports.

However, Thames denied the accusations, insisting in a statement: "We strongly refute any claims that we tell the contestants how to act or how to respond."

Competitors have claimed they were "humiliated and exploited" and told off for being "too picky" on the Paddy McGuinness dating show.

One of them said: "The producers pulled some of the girls in and said, 'If you're waiting for George Clooney or Brad Pitt, they're not coming'.

"They told us to keep our lights on for the next contestant, who was more than ten years younger than me. I refused and was taken off."

Meanwhile, another girl alleges that she was forbidden from keeping her light on for a man she fancied "to make better television".

"It didn't matter what we thought," she said. "I really fancied a bloke on my first week on the show, he was just my type, but the producers made it quite clear I wasn't to pick him and he left without a date.

"It's a shame because in the end he went away feeling a fool for going on the show, but I told him afterwards how much I had liked him and we've seen each other a number of times since.

"I ended up going away on a date with someone I wasn't that interested in. It was a waste of my time and his," the unnamed girl added.