Search This Blog

zaterdag 24 maart 2012

Jenna-Louise Coleman in 'Doctor Who': First official picture released

Jenna-Louise Coleman in 'Doctor Who': First official picture released

The first official Doctor Who photograph of Jenna-Louise Coleman has been released.

The British actress, who is best known for her previous role as Jasmine in Emmerdale, was recently announced as the latest female sidekick for the Time Lord.

In the image - revealed on BBC America's Tumblr page - Coleman can be seen wearing a multi-coloured jumper and standing in front of the legendary TARDIS.

When Coleman joins Doctor Who in series seven, she will replace The Doctor's current companions Amy Pond (Karen Gillan) and Rory Williams (Arthur Darvill). Her first scenes will air around Christmas.

Doctor Who star Matt Smith recently praised the "exciting" appointment of Coleman, saying that she gave the "most interesting" audition in front of showrunner Steven Moffat.

Coleman added: "I'm beyond excited, I can't wait to get cracking; working alongside Matt I know is going to be enormous fun and a huge adventure. [He] did my audition with me. It was fun and I felt like we were in it together."