Search This Blog

donderdag 1 maart 2012

Matthew Morrison 'feels trapped' on 'Glee': 'I can't get out of it'

Matthew Morrison 'feels trapped' on 'Glee': 'I can't get out of it'

Glee star Matthew Morrison has reportedly said that he is "frustrated" about being "trapped" on the show for another four seasons.

The actor and singer admitted that he had no idea about the scale of the Fox programme, or the limitations it would impose on his career, when he signed up to play Will Schuester.

"It's not ending any time soon," The Mirror quotes him as saying. "Once they have you, they trap you. I'm tied in to seven years - I signed up to seven years and I cannot get out of it.

"I have a really good lawyer but there's nothing we can do - I've had offers recently for a few really cool movies but had to turn them down. It's so frustrating.

"None of us realised when we signed up it'd turn into this - we thought it was just a show about kids singing and dancing... I literally cannot get out of it. It's a great show, it provided me with my big break, but what can I do?"

Morrison released his self-titled debut album last year and has signed to Adam Levine's label 222 Records for his new LP.

He will appear alongside the likes of Jennifer Lopez, Cameron Diaz and Cheryl Cole in What To Expect When You're Expecting, released on May 18 in the US and May 23 in the UK.

Glee airs Tuesdays at 8/7c on Fox in the US and Thursdays at 9pm on Sky1 in the UK.