Search This Blog

donderdag 1 maart 2012

Meat Loaf on 'Glee': 'I'll never put it down'

Meat Loaf on 'Glee': 'I'll never put it down'

Meat Loaf has said that he would never disrespect Glee.

The singer told that despite not even watching the 2010 Rocky Horror episode in which he starred, he had no problem with the show reinterpreting songs from the past.

"I don't think anything of it, if people like it and they enjoy it," he said. "They have viewers and the people who watch it really love it.

"To me anything is viable. I don't like all kinds of music but that doesn't mean it's not viable. I'm never going to put it down. Was I a fan of disco? Not particularly. But that didn't mean I wouldn't be respectful to the artist."

Meat Loaf continued: "Would I buy a Picasso? No, I don't like that, I'm into impressionistic art. But people love Picasso. What am I gonna do, cut him up?

"Everybody likes something different and that's what makes the world different and go around."

He added of his own career: "At least I've never been mediocre. People either love me or they hate me. And that's fine. I'd rather be to the extreme because that's the kind of artist I am."