Search This Blog

woensdag 7 maart 2012

Tim Tebow: 'I'm definitely not going to be on 'The Bachelor'

Tim Tebow: 'I'm definitely not going to be on 'The Bachelor'

Tim Tebow has dismissed rumours that he is taking part in The Bachelor.

The Denver Broncos quarterback was believed to have signed up for the matchmaking reality TV series, but announced on his Twitter page that the reports are not true.

Tebow wrote on the microblogging website: "Haha rumours can be crazy! Even though I've watched the show before, I'm definitely not gonna be on The Bachelor."

The Bachelor host Chris Harrison later admitted that he was "120%" to blame for the rumours, telling TMZ: "So here's the situation - usually I wonder the same thing.... where in the hell do these rumours come from?

"This one is 120% on me. I co-hosted Access Live yesterday and Kit Hoover mentioned that we were doing a story on Tim Tebow... and I was just throwing out this anecdotal story that I had run into Tebow and had asked him to be The Bachelor.

"Kit jumped on the story and I never really got to explain. This was completely and utterly my fault. It was about a year or so ago and someone introduced me to Tim and we got talking."

"With Tebow and I standing together, people said, 'Make him the next Bachelor!'" Harrison continued. "I jokingly said, 'Do you want to be The Bachelor?' He jokingly said yes. Obviously, he is not going to be The Bachelor.

"I love that people think I have the power to ordain the new Bachelor. That's not how it works. Let me tell you this - if Tim Tebow wanted to be The Bachelor, it would absolutely be phenomenal television."

Tebow was romantically linked to singer Taylor Swift last week after they were spotted dining out together.

The current series of The Bachelor, featuring winemaker and former Bachelorette finalist Ben Flajnik, concludes on Monday, March 12 at 8/7c on ABC.