Search This Blog

zaterdag 3 maart 2012

The Voice's WADE: 'I'm nervous but confident about battle rounds'

The Voice's WADE: 'I'm nervous but confident about battle rounds'

The Voice contestant WADE has said that he is looking forward to the upcoming battle rounds.

The 18-year-old became the last singer to secure a spot on Cee Lo Green's season two team on Monday night (February 27) with his blind audition performance of 'Rehab' by Amy Winehouse.

Discussing his blind audition, he told reporters: "I tried not to focus on the chairs and just play to the audience, but it's hard not to think [about the coaches].

"In those first couple of seconds of the performance I was like, 'Somebody, come on, turn around!' Then finally when Cee Lo pressed his button it was that internal sigh of relief and made things a lot easier."

WADE added to reporters that he "almost stopped singing" when the 'Forget You' singer turned his chair around, but managed to compose himself and finish the performance.

As for the upcoming battle rounds, he said: "I'm sort of nervous because I don't know who I'm going up against and all of Team Cee Lo is just awesome, but I'm also confident I have what it takes to make it to the next level."