Search This Blog

zaterdag 14 april 2012

Ian Hislop: 'Ricky Gervais makes me turn off my TV'

Ian Hislop: 'Ricky Gervais makes me turn off my TV'

Private Eye editor Ian Hislop has said that Ricky Gervais is one of his least favourite comics.

Speaking to the Radio Times, the Have I Got News For You satirist singled out the Derek star as the man most likely to persuade him to switch his TV set off.

Of comedy he enjoys, the 51-year-old highlighted Jack Whitehall's Channel 4 sitcom Fresh Meat, adding: "I was watching Raw Meat - er, Fresh Meat - with Jack Whitehall.

"He is very funny in it but I think, 'Is student life really like that now?'. I mean, it's terrifying, isn't it?

"It's one of those comedies that is both sort of deeply worrying and, of course, very funny. I've been watching some very odd things."