Search This Blog

zaterdag 14 april 2012

'The Voice' Australia judges shocked at Delta Goodrem's tough manner

'The Voice' Australia judges shocked at Delta Goodrem's tough manner

Delta Goodrem has reportedly shocked her fellow The Voice Australia judges with her tough exterior.

The Aussie singer, who sits on the panel of the new reality TV show alongside Joel Madden, Seal and Keith Urban, said that people expect her to be sweet and shy but added that she would never be as successful as she is if that were true.

Goodrem told The Telegraph: "Maybe it's just that people have known me since I was so young and I was really shy when I first stepped on the scene. I was always this fun, jokey, relaxed [person] with that fighting spirit, outside of music.

"This show has been great to just be me up on stage and have all these sides [to my personality]. I'm really glad after ten years that people are still being surprised by me."

When questioned about her aggressive ambition, the 27-year-old said: "How do you think I've stayed around so long? How do you think I'm still here?"

Goodrem's friend and fellow coach Madden added: "To me, Delta is a great example of what I love about Australian women.

"She is strong, she's been through a lot. She knows who she is and she's first and foremost a writer and musician. At the same time she can take the punches, can laugh and doesn't take it so seriously. It's a quality I love about Australian people."

After rumours of a romance between Goodrem and Madden surfaced last month, the Good Charlotte singer insisted that he is still with Nicole Richie and that he views Goodrem as "my little sister, who's taller than me".

The Voice airs on Sundays at 6.30pm on the Nine Network.