Search This Blog

vrijdag 13 april 2012

Joss Whedon on 'Buffy' remake: "If they do it I hope they do it well"

Joss Whedon on 'Buffy' remake: "If they do it I hope they do it well"

Buffy the Vampire Slayer creator Joss Whedon has admitted that he "grumbles" about the thought of a film reboot going ahead without his involvement.

Warner Bros announced in 2010 that it was planning to revive Buffy Summers on the big screen with Whit Anderson penning the script. The project has since stalled, with TV series cast members Nicholas Brendon and Anthony Head speaking out against the idea.

Whedon told Digital Spy: "Everybody grumbles. I basically say it's out of my control, so if they do it I hope they do it well."

Asked if he thinks the Sarah Michelle Gellar-led Buffy TV cast will ever reunite on screen, Whedon responded: "I can imagine it, they're all still really good at acting.

"I feel that way about most of the things I've done. If I have a talent it's for finding really, really extraordinary ensembles and they're all very dear [to me]."

Whedon's latest movie The Cabin in the Woods will open in cinemas on April 13.