Search This Blog

vrijdag 13 april 2012

Russell Howard on 'Good News' return: 'It takes over my life'

Russell Howard on 'Good News' return: 'It takes over my life'

Russell Howard has said that he feels under pressure to please viewers with his new series of Good News.

The comedian explained that he would rather throw himself into work on his BBC Three show than "feel terrible" about disappointing fans.

"My personal life suffers," he admitted to Digital Spy. "If you do something that has your name on it, it has to be good.

"It's like an extension of your dissertation. I've not worked as hard on anything since being at university. Because it says Russell Howard's Good News it has to be good, or else I just feel terrible about myself.

"So I might as well just do it well. Then see my girlfriend and go on holiday after... try to patch it up."

Howard also said that he would "love" his own sketch show, as long as it was fast-paced liked the scenes on Good News.

"We put a lot of effort into the sketches," he said. "I've watched other sketch shows and they're so laboured and floppy.

"But maybe that's the nature of the show we do. It's just disposable telly, you can watch it doing the ironing or eating food... so the sketches have to be the same."

Russell Howard's Good News returns tonight (April 12) at 9pm on BBC Three.