Search This Blog

vrijdag 20 april 2012

'The Voice' Australia: Blind teenage singer impresses coaches

'The Voice' Australia: Blind teenage singer impresses coaches

A teenage singer who is registered blind has revealed her delight at impressing The Voice Australia's coaches.

Rachael Leahcar, who has lost 90% of her sight as a result of a degenerative disorder, got all four coaches to turn around for her during her performance of 'La Vie en Rose' by Edith Piaf.

Leahcar posted a message of thanks on her official Twitter page, saying: "I laughed, I cried, I answered questions and I followed back... I read every single tweet because they were ALL amazing, and i am TOTALLY BLOWN AWAY by all the support and beautiful, kind words from EVERYBODY!"

She also told the Australian Daily Telegraph that she was "overwhelmed with emotion" by the studio audience's positive reaction.

Delta Goodrem, who Leahcar selected as her coach, said: "Rachael is an extraordinary human being who has a very unique talent - her voice. Her voice left me no other choice but to turn my chair.

Describing the 18-year-old's vocal talents as "truly special", Goodrem added: "Her story is an inspiration."

Leahcar, who counts Pink, Queen and Eva Cassidy among her musical influences on her Facebook page, will appear on A Current Affair this evening (April 17) on the Nine Network.