Search This Blog

woensdag 16 mei 2012

'BGT' winner Ashleigh Butler to spend £250k on Pudsey

'BGT' winner Ashleigh Butler to spend £250k on Pudsey

Ashleigh Butler has revealed that she plans to spend up to half of her winnings on her pet dog Pudsey.

The dancing dog act won the Britain's Got Talent final on Saturday (May 12), along with £500,000 in prize money.

"He was sitting on the bed and I told him: 'Pudsey, you've just won £250,000'," she told The Sun.

"He knows that he's done something good but he doesn't know what. He wouldn't know what to spend the money on so I'll probably have to spend it for him."

She added: "I lost one of his leads during the semi-final so he needs a new one. He loves his bling so maybe I'll get him one with diamonds."

Butler also joked that Pudsey did not feel starstruck when he met Simon Cowell backstage, and kept him waiting for nearly half-an-hour.

"Pudsey kept Simon waiting for 30 minutes to see him as he had some filming to do. And when we went into his dressing room, he wasn't like, 'Oh my God, you're Simon Cowell'.

"He treated him like a normal person. Simon was going, 'Pudsey come on my lap' - but he only stayed there for about three seconds and then he got off again. It was a bit of a shame. But I still think Simon's in love with Pudsey."

Simon Cowell has been rumoured to be planning to fly the pair to Los Angeles in order to strike up a film deal.

Butler explained that she has always wanted to bring Pudsey onto the big screen, and would jump at the chance to do so in the future.

"It's always been a massive dream of mine to get into film work with Pudsey. I thought Uggie was amazing and I think Pudsey would be perfect for something like that role. If he sees a camera he looks straight at it and starts posing. He loves attention.

"I've watched all the dog films like Lassie and Greyfriars Bobby. If he was in their league it would be brilliant."