Search This Blog

zaterdag 26 mei 2012

'Home and Away' Lynne McGranger: 'I'd love to star in Shameless'

Home and Away's Lynne McGranger has revealed that she would like to join the cast of Shameless.

The actress, who has played Summer Bay's Irene Roberts since 1992, said she is a loyal viewer of Paul Abbott's explicit Channel 4 drama.

"I'm a great fan of Shameless," she told What's on TV. "I would love to play an Australian character who moves in next door to Paddy and Mimi. I would just cause havoc!"

McGranger - Home and Away's second longest-serving cast member - also called for the return of her on-screen son Nathan, played previously by David Dixon then Craig Ball.

"I would love to see Nathan come back," the star said. "Last time we saw him he was off touring with an Irish nurse. So I think he's gone back to Ireland and is going to get married there.

"So I think Irene should go over to Ireland to see him! We could do some filming over there and my life would be complete."

The 59-year-old recently outlined her desire for scriptwriters to find a new love interest for her veteran alter ego.