Search This Blog

woensdag 13 juni 2012

Johnny Vaughan plots return to breakfast television

Johnny Vaughan has said that he would like to return to breakfast television.

The broadcaster fronted Channel 4's The Big Breakfast from 1997 to 2001 and later hosted Capital Breakfast on the radio from 2004 to 2011.

"At the moment, there's nothing on TV that makes me laugh in the mornings," Vaughan told Metro.

"It's all very straight-faced. I'd like to go back to do a Vaughan-in-the-morning show.

"I get a lot of people coming up to me saying they enjoyed The Big Breakfast who want something similar now."

Asked if his success with that show would put him off trying to replicate it, he added: "No, not at all because it's what I'm best at.

"When people see you doing something really well, it doesn't matter how well you do something else."