Search This Blog

woensdag 8 augustus 2012

Nicole Scherzinger: 'I won't wear heart on sleeve as much on X Factor'

Nicole Scherzinger has said that she will not wear her heart on her sleeve as much when she returns to The X Factor.

The former Pussycat Dolls star returns to the UK this year after an extended guest judge slot, following a single year on the panel of The X Factor USA.

"X Factor UK has a special place in my heart," Scherzinger told Cosmopolitan.

"The thing I battled with last year [on X Factor USA] was the rejection part, having to let contestants go.

"But I've grown so much since then. I'll make sure I continue to give 110% of me but not wear my heart on my sleeve as much."

She added of her stint on the US show: "People didn't see I committed six days a week and put everything to one side to help those contestants.

"You only have one person to answer to at the end of the night, and if you're happy with yourself that's all that matters.

"It's hard when you feel the pressure. Sometimes people lose their identity in this industry. But I refuse to waver from who I am."

Of the supposed female rivalry on such shows, she added: "Women should empower each other.

"I felt close to Paula [Abdul] when I did X Factor in the US as well, and it's great to work with Tulisa [Contostavlos] - she's a cool chick.

"We're all on the same team together; she's really fun. I love her a lot."

The full interview appears in the September issue of British Cosmopolitan, on sale August 9.

Watch exclusive behind-the-scenes footage of Scherzinger's cover shoot on the Cosmopolitan website.