Search This Blog

maandag 22 oktober 2012

'Arrow' star Stephen Amell: "I wasn't aware of Green Arrow as a kid"

Arrow star Stephen Amell has admitted that he was not a fan of the original DC comics.

However, the actor - who plays Oliver Queen in the new CW drama - insisted that he was "aware of the genre" as a young boy.

"I wasn't aware of Green Arrow as a kid," Amell told SFX. "I loved Superman growing up. I saw a couple of those movies in the theatre, and I watched Superman II 8,000 times."

Amell explained that he has learnt a lot about comics since being cast on Arrow, which debuted to an impressive 4.1m viewers in the US earlier this month.

"I'm a big fan of the genre, but most importantly I respect how passionate the fan base is," he said. "And I'm excited to interact with them more than I already have been."

Arrow airs on Wednesday nights at 8/7c on The CW and will debut on Sky1 in the UK on October 22.