Search This Blog

dinsdag 2 oktober 2012

'Strictly' Johnny Ball: 'Zoe won't get me preferential treatment'

Johnny Ball has said that his daughter being on the Strictly Come Dancing spinoff will not get him preferential treatment on the show.

The TV presenter's daughter Zoe competed on the show in 2005 and last year took over from Claudia Winkleman as the host of It Takes Two and returns this year.


Asked if he would get any preferential treatment, Johnny told Metro: "Absolutely not. She didn't know I was doing it until two days before the lineup was announced.

"They wanted to have a camera there when they told her I was doing it but it never happened. I don't want anyone to have the idea Zoe said, 'Please have my dad', because that didn't happen."

Of whether Zoe had given him any tips, he added: "Not with the dancing. She's just told me to enjoy it and go with the flow.

"Everyone who's gone on before comes out the other end saying it's a fantastic experience."

Johnny's professional dance partner Aliona Vilani has suffered an ankle injury which will force her out of the first live show.