Search This Blog

donderdag 7 februari 2013

Rita Ora turns down 'X Factor' judging role: "There were talks"


Rita Ora has revealed that she has turned down a chance to judge this year's X Factor.

The 'RIP' singer has said that she will "never say never" to the idea, but that it is a "no" for the time being.

"There were talks," Ora told The Mirror. "But if I were to take on that role, it would have to be at a point when I could give it my full attention.

"I have so much to accomplish first and it's kind of a full-time job being on X Factor. It's not like a nine to five. It's constant, for months."

Ora appeared as a guest judge on the show in the 2012 series, and has reportedly been negotiating a full-time role over the past few months.

"Not that I have anything against it," Ora added. "I love it, but if I was to take on a full-time role it would be at a point when I'm loads of albums in.

"Being a guest is easier – you can say, 'Yes' to people and not have to mentor them."

Ora's negotiations to become a new judge could indicate that at least one of the current panel will be leaving the show in 2013.

Tulisa Contostavlos recently dismissed claims that she had quit The X Factor upon hearing that Nicole Scherzinger had already been asked to return.

Sharon Osbourne was also recently rumoured to be making a return, while Gary Barlow has hinted that he wants to focus on Take That.