Search This Blog

dinsdag 16 oktober 2012

'X Factor' Melanie Masson video interview: 'I thought Gary would quit'

Eliminated X Factor contestant Melanie Masson has admitted that she thought mentor Gary Barlow was going to quit the show last week after Rylan Clark was controversially saved.

The 44-year-old told that she was genuinely concerned Barlow would abandon the 'Overs' category following Carolynne Poole's elimination, but said that the Take That star is committed to fighting for remaining acts Kye Sones and Christopher Maloney.

"I don't think he would ever walk out on his acts," Masson said. "He's a real man of his word... he will fight for [Kye and Christopher] until the bitter end.

"I was worried he would [quit] last week actually after what happened with Carolynne, but I'm so glad he stayed and I had another week with him. I think it would be a great loss to the show if he left because he's such an asset."

Masson added that she has made plans to work with Barlow again in the future, revealing: "He said that he's going to do some writing for me, which would be amazing."

The axed singer also addressed complaints on DS that she had been hurt by the new procedure of opening phone lines before any acts have sung.

"I think some people could say the old way was unfair, I think it's just a new way," she accepted. "I don't know, I think it's just different.

"You could easily say that [it was unfair] last year when people are on first, then you don't get to vote to the end and people have forgotten."

Masson also said that being called a 'MILF' by Tulisa Contostavlos had been a "huge compliment", repaying the favour by describing the judge as "amazing", "beautiful" and "talented".