Search This Blog

zondag 13 januari 2013

'Apprentice' finalist Nick Holzherr launches food app Whisk


The Apprentice finalist Nick Holzherr has launched his online food business Whisk.

The web and mobile app, which Lord Sugar turned down on the BBC One show, combines recipes with online shopping, allowing people to purchase the correct ingredients for recipes in just a few clicks.

Whisk takes a recipe, creates a shopping list and adds the required ingredients to the basket of a user's online supermarket account.

TV channel Food Network has already incorporated Whisk into recipes on its website. Supermarkets Tesco and Waitrose are also on board, with additional stores being added soon.

Holzherr said: "Food and technology have always been my two big passions in life, so when I went on The Apprentice I already had the concept for Whisk - a business which would combine both.

"Whisk means when I see a recipe I like, I can quickly add it to my online shopping basket and know I'll have everything I need to prepare it.

"Who hasn't had that frustrating moment when you realise you've forgotten the key ingredient that the dish just can't do without? Hopefully Whisk will make it a thing of the past."

Holzherr has secured over £500,000 from angel investors and venture capitalists for the app, which is available now on iPhone and Android devices.