Search This Blog

zaterdag 26 januari 2013

Simon Cowell gives his approval to "sensational" 'X Factor' musical


Simon Cowell has praised the forthcoming X Factor musical after previewing the show.

The ITV talent contest's former judge and mentor announced that he was attending a workshop for the production via Twitter today (January 25) and later told his followers that he had enjoyed the performances.

"The X Factor musical is sensational! It's a yes from me," he tweeted.

The music mogul then responded to a fan who asked whether he thought the Harry Hill-penned show was better than West End hit Jerry Springer: The Opera.

"Yes. I really think it is," Cowell said. "The songs are fantastic and the story is really funny."

Earlier this week, Cowell - who is back in the UK filming the latest series of Britain's Got Talent - said that he was approaching the project like a TV show. He also joked about holding open auditions for those hoping to play him on stage.

"Musicals are not my business but I'm going to approach it like I would a TV show," he explained.

"The team have spent a long time working on this, and from the very first time I met Harry Hill he was absolutely besotted with the idea.

"Who would play me? We may have to do an audition show. That would be a good idea."

The as-yet untitled X Factor musical is scheduled to open in spring 2014.