Search This Blog

zondag 15 januari 2012

'Dancing On Ice' Jennifer Ellison defends quit threat

'Dancing On Ice' Jennifer Ellison defends quit threat

Dancing On Ice contestant Jennifer Ellison has defended her threat to quit the show if partner Daniel Whiston is forced to pull out.

The actress wrote on Twitter this week that she would be "hanging up her boots" without even performing if Whiston was unable to recover from a hamstring injury before tomorrow's (January 15) episode.

With the pro skater apparently well enough to compete, Ellison explained that she was serious about completing the experience alongside her original partner or not at all.

"I have made the decision to pull out of the show if I can't skate with Dan," she told The Mirror. "People may think I am being dramatic. But it's too late in the day to skate with a new partner.

"I'm doing this for the enjoyment rather than to win and I wouldn't enjoy it with anyone else."

Recalling the moment of Whiston's mishap, Ellison said: "I saw the accident on the monitor and everyone went silent. Dan was screaming in pain and there were paramedics everywhere.

"I can only describe it as if you were driving past a car crash and saw something so upsetting - and then you found out it is someone you love."

Ellison admitted in the same interview to feeling guilty about leaving her family for the show.