Search This Blog

vrijdag 30 maart 2012

'Biggest Loser' Aus Michelle Bridges to host 'Oprah'-style show?

'Biggest Loser' Australia Michelle Bridges to host 'Oprah'-style show?

Michelle Bridges from The Biggest Loser Australia has revealed that she plans to host her own television show.

The 41-year-old personal trainer, who has been a regular on the weight loss reality show since 2007, said that she would like to use the series as a "platform" to help more people in an Oprah-style programme.

Bridges told the Herald Sun: "The Biggest Loser has given me a platform to fulfil my ambitions, to get my message across to as many people as possible.

"I'd love to think I can be a part of people's lives to help them get what they want."

Bridges said that she has learned a lot about helping people during her work on the show, saying: "I'm finding there are a lot of Australians out there very unhappy and a lot of them are on anti-depressants.

"[Weight gain] knocks your confidence. So often, The Biggest Loser contestants start to withdraw from life. They stay at home, and what do you do when you stay at home? You eat.

"It takes a very brave person to say, 'I really want to make a change because I'm not happy'."

Bridges has credited her husband with helping her "open up more", adding: "That maturity has allowed me to understand people better, how they tick."

The Biggest Loser airs at 6.30pm on Sundays and 7pm on weeknights on Channel Ten.