Search This Blog

vrijdag 30 maart 2012

Jon Hamm: 'I loved directing Mad Men episode'

Jon Hamm: 'I loved directing Mad Men episode'

Jon Hamm has said he loved directing a fifth season episode of Mad Men.

The actor made his directorial debut and followed in the footsteps of co-star John Slattery by helming season five's second instalment 'Tea Leaves'.

In an interview with On The Red Carpet, Hamm disclosed that he jumped at the chance to take a stronger creative role on the AMC series.

"I directed what will be the second episode of the season. I had a really wonderful time doing it," Hamm commented. "This was an incredible experience to get a whole different perspective on the show that I thought I knew pretty well. It was really, really fun and the crew really helped me out."

Mad Men actress January Jones praised Hamm's directorial talent, telling reporters that she truly enjoyed working with him in this new context.

"For someone that I adore and I've worked with and I trust, it was nice to be in his hands, I guess, just to lean on if I had questions," Jones recalled. "You're not always given that.

"When you do television, you have lots of different directors coming in and out and you don't always have the opportunity to ask them questions because they don't know your character better than you do, so it's kind of difficult.

"It was awesome, he did such an amazing job. I was so proud of him."

Hamm recently described being hired for Mad Men as the most "incredible opportunity" of his professional life.

Mad Men airs on AMC in the US and Sky Atlantic in the UK.