Search This Blog

zaterdag 17 maart 2012

'X Factor': Melanie McCabe returning for third attempt

'X Factor': Melanie McCabe returning for third attempt

Melanie McCabe, a two-time X Factor reject, is auditioning for the reality show for a third attempt this year.

Inspired by friend and X Factor finalist Misha B, McCabe claimed that she was confident she could "handle it" better this year.

McCabe was dumped by Kelly Rowland at the 2011 Judges' Houses stage. She previously failed to make the live shows in 2008 when Cheryl Cole claimed that she was too young and not yet ready for the main competition.

Speaking to the Irish Herald, McCabe said: "Misha B told me to just be myself and not to be overconfident on camera. She also said I have to be really thick-skinned to make it all the way.

"But I've been there twice now, so at this stage I really think I can handle it. This time round, I better make it to the live shows, though.

"I was really upset when I was sent home, I was devastated."

Veteran X Factor judge Louis Walsh has backed the singer, 18, to give the contest a third go, commenting: "I think she should definitely go for it again."