Search This Blog

maandag 2 april 2012

Mel B's 'DWTS' co-host Daniel MacPherson: 'I preferred Sporty Spice'

Mel B's 'DWTS' co-host Daniel MacPherson: 'I preferred Sporty Spice'

Mel B's Dancing with the Stars co-host Daniel MacPherson has revealed that he used to prefer Sporty Spice to her alter ego Scary.

The former Neighbours actor, who will host the show with Sonia Kruger's replacement Mel B when it returns next month, joked that he used to be more of a "fan" of her bandmates Melanie Chisholm and Emma Bunton.

MacPherson said to The Daily Telegraph: "Mate, obviously I was a fan of Sporty Spice. Either her or Baby. I met Mel for the first time last week and I honestly can't wait to start working on the new series with her.

"Obviously Son [Kruger] is a big loss, but Mel has her own spunk, fire and her own cheek; she's going to be just as much of a handful as Son was."

MacPherson said of this year's Dancing with the Stars contestants: "[Kerri-Anne Kennerley] is here to have fun and I think people will respond. I also think [ironman] Caine Eckstein is a bit of a dark horse.

"The guy's got muscles on his muscles but he's also humble, down-to-earth, just a good Aussie bloke and I think he'll get support from both guys and girls."

MacPherson said that he hoped his girlfriend and former Wild Boys co-star Zoe Ventoura will come and watch Dancing with the Stars, but admitted that he wasn't sure if she will make it to the series premiere because it clashes with the Logie Awards.

He said: "I honestly don't know whether she'll go and represent Wild Boys or whether she'll come and see me do my stuff. We'll see, hey?"