Search This Blog

maandag 2 april 2012

'Sinbad' to premiere on Sky1 in July

'Sinbad' to premiere on Sky1 in July

Sky1's new fantasy drama Sinbad will premiere in July.

The 12-part series, which was first announced in August 2010, will star newcomer Elliot Knight in the title role.

Naveen Andrews (Lost), Orla Brady (Fringe), Sophie Okonedo (Hotel Rwanda) and Timothy Spall (Harry Potter) are also among the cast.

"I was thrilled when I heard I'd got the role of Sinbad," said Knight. "This is exactly what I have wanted to do since I was big enough to run around the garden waving a toy sword!

"Sinbad is a great character for any actor to be able to play: impulsive, adventurous, passionate, loyal and brave - a true hero. His story is packed with action, adventure and fantasy and I am looking forward to the exciting challenge of bringing him to life for a new generation."

Sinbad will follow the legendary sailor as he embarks on an epic quest to rid himself of the curse placed on him by his own grandmother (Dame Janet Suzman), and embrace his destiny.