Search This Blog

vrijdag 18 mei 2012

Louis Walsh: 'Ninth X Factor series may be my last'

Louis Walsh: 'Ninth X Factor series may be my last'

Louis Walsh has expressed his surprise at being asked to return for a ninth series of The X Factor UK.

The Irish judge, who was confirmed earlier this month, admitted that he is prepared for the 2012 run to be his last.

The 59-year-old told The Sun: "I can't believe it is my ninth year on X Factor. But I really don't know if I'll make it to ten.

"If I work hard, I'll get the job. If not, Simon will let me go. It's going to be hard work this year, really hard work. Simon will be cracking the whip.

"He makes the best shows but nobody is safe to stay. If I don't make ten years I'll have a lot on next year anyway."

He added of his future plans: "I'm going to manage Shane Filan's solo career after Westlife split up."

The former Boyzone manager recently hit out at BBC rival singing contest The Voice UK, which he described as "dull and boring".

Walsh is the only X Factor panellist to appear in all series of the show since 2004.