Search This Blog

vrijdag 18 mei 2012

MTV Cancels 'I Just Want My Pants Back'

MTV Cancels 'I Just Want My Pants Back'

MTV has canceled its romantic dramedy series "I Just Want My Pants Back" after one season.

"We're proud to have aired 'I Just Want My Pants Back,' with its impressive creative pedigree and talented group of actors," MTV said in a statement. "Many factors go in to determining renewals, however, and ultimately, we decided not to move forward with an additional season of 'Pants.'"

One likely reason for the cancelation: MTV's cup overfloweth with upcoming series, including "Inbetweeners," Craig Wright's "Underemployed" and "Gonna be Famous" with Zach Stone and Bo Burnham, plus sophomore seasons of "Awkward" and "Teen Wolf" in June.

The ratings for "Pants" started off strong, but dwindled throughout its debut season.

The show, which revolved around a group of twentysomething hipsters in Brooklyn, was produced by Liman and Dave Bartis' Hypnotic production company and Universal Cable Productions.