Search This Blog

dinsdag 12 juni 2012

David Tennant: 'I haven't been typecast by Doctor Who'

David Tennant has insisted that he has not been typecast by his time on Doctor Who.

The Scottish actor played the lead role in the BBC sci-fi drama from 2005 to 2010.

"Doctor Who opened more doors than it closed," he told the Radio Times. "I was never bored, but I wanted to make sure I left before it became [just] a job."

Tennant - who will next be seen in BBC One drama True Love - added that he is still "very glad" to have starred as the Tenth Doctor.

"Mercifully, I haven't been typecast," he said.

The 41-year-old star recently advised new Doctor Who companion actress Jenna-Louise Coleman to "keep [her] nose clean" and "watch [her] back".

"You're suddenly rocketed into a world of attention," he told. "You just need to watch your back a little bit, but it's wonderful and it's such an exciting thing to be starting out on."

True Love begins on Sunday (June 17) at 10.25pm on BBC One.