Search This Blog

vrijdag 6 juli 2012

'Community' director: 'Chevy Chase told me to f**k off'

Community guest director Jay Chandrasekhar has revealed that he once had an uncomfortable encounter with the show's star Chevy Chase.

Chandrasekhar appeared on the Sklarbro Country podcast and discussed a dispute with Chase while filming the episode 'Mixology Certification', in which Chase's Pierce Hawthorne was confined to a wheelchair.

"We were shooting a bit where he's in a wheelchair... and we shot the beginning of the bit and we shot the payoff to the bit," the director recalled.

"The bits are in three parts: beginning, and move along, and payoff... So I said, 'All right, Chevy, it's time to shoot the second part of the bit', and he goes, 'Eh, you don't need it'. And I'm like, 'Yeah, yeah we need it, we need it'. He goes, 'Nah, don't worry about it, you don't need it'.

"And I'm like, 'Yeah, well, we shot the intro, we shot the payoff, we kind of need the move-along section'. He goes, 'Oh, I see, are you telling me about comedy?' And I said, 'Well, you know, in this case, I actually am'. He goes, 'Go f**k yourself!' And he gets up and he storms off."

Chandrasekhar went on to stress that he has no hard feelings towards Chase since the actor later apologised for his behaviour.

"I actually like and love Chevy Chase," he said.

Chase famously feuded with Community creator Dan Harmon this year, but eventually stepped back from his criticism of the sitcom.

Harmon has since been replaced by David Guarascio and Moses Port on Community, but it is not clear if the public sniping played a role in his firing.

Chase and the entire Community cast have inked deals to return for season four.