Search This Blog

donderdag 5 juli 2012

Dawn French on 'Superstar's Andrew Lloyd Webber: 'He is a tiptop gent'

Dawn French has described her Superstar colleague Andrew Lloyd Webber as a "tiptop gent".

French, Jason Donovan and Mel C have joined Webber on his search for a new theatre star to lead the cast of his Jesus Christ Superstar rock opera revival.

Commenting on what it was like to work alongside Webber, French said: "I am far too over excited about my involvement on Superstar. I am counting the days to it, like you do at Christmas when you're a child.

"I haven't worked with Andrew before, but I have actually portrayed him when we did a parody on French and Saunders.

"I have met him a few times and he is a tiptop gent and I'm looking forward to getting to know him better."

Joking about what she was looking for from contestants on the show, she said: "A splendid voice and a twenty six-pack - if indeed there is such a thing! If there was, I reckon Jesus would have it.

"I will be looking out for someone who can blow your socks off each night on stage. Plenty of people are very good on stage and very few are remarkable or beyond fantastic and I am hoping we will find someone like that."

Hosted by Amanda Holden, the auditions for Superstar launch this Saturday (July 7) at 7.25pm on ITV1.