Search This Blog

woensdag 3 oktober 2012

'Dancing with the Stars' Shawn Johnson: 'I'm not losing weight yet'

Shawn Johnson has revealed that she is not yet losing weight like many of her fellow Dancing with the Stars contestants.

The Olympic gymnast, who is partnered with professional Derek Hough on the ABC competition, confessed that she is used to much harder workout sessions as a professional athlete, and therefore her body is not changing as quickly as she might like.

Dancing With The Stars S15E01: Derek Hough and Shawn Johnson

"[Other contestants] are like, 'I've lost 10 pounds', and I'm like, 'Cool, good for you'. I think over time, my body will change. It's just different," Johnson explained to People.

"Especially coming from Olympic training, I'm used to seven hours a day of the hardest workouts, so it takes more. It's not like the others who are like, 'Oh, I lost 13 pounds in two days'."

The 20-year-old added that she is also strict with her diet, saying: "I do the same thing I've always done through training. If I go and see an entire buffet, I'll go straight for the protein, and that's about it. I feel like everything else is a waste when you're just in a hurry. Chicken and vegetables, that's about it."

Former Bachelorette contestant Melissa Rycroft has named Johnson as a fellow competitor she would like to beat.