Search This Blog

zondag 14 oktober 2012

'X Factor' Lucy Spraggan speaks about her grandmother's death

Lucy Spraggan has spoken about her grandmother's death on The X Factor tonight (October 13).

Prior to singing, Spraggan was filmed in tears speaking about the family bereavement. She said: "My week's been not great."

She continued to explain that her grandmother had passed away on Monday (October 8).

Spraggan said: "My nanny died on Monday. My granddad said on the phone that when she was really ill they watched me - the last time she properly smiled is when she saw me on the screen.

"I don't want people to feel sorry for me… I want them to judge me on my performance and not what's happened."

Following her performance, she told presenter Dermot O'Leary: "I just wanted people to have a dance and be happy, because I want to be happy too."