Search This Blog

zondag 14 oktober 2012

'This Is England 1990' to shoot in 2013, says star Stephen Graham

Stephen Graham has said that the next This Is England series will shoot in 2013.

The actor - who played Combo in the 2006 Shane Meadows film and its TV spinoff - told Digital Spy that This Is England 1990 will "definitely" start filming next year.

Shane is doing the Stone Roses documentary, but we're definitely gonna do [the new series] next year and my character is going to be coming out of prison, so I'm really looking forward to that," Graham said.

The 39-year-old - promoting the DVD release of BBC drama Parade's End - admitted that he was apprehensive when Meadows first approached him about reprising his role of Combo in a TV series.

"I think it was such a good film that stood up on its own," he explained. "And then when he explained it to me, what I loved about it was getting to know the other characters of the story and letting them really become a part of the whole thing.

"You're getting to see their life, their stories and everything. It's a big ensemble piece now. I'm such a big fan of the show - I guess because I wasn't in the TV series much, I watched it and thought it was fantastic!"

Graham went on to describe last year's Christmas three-parter This Is England '88 as "phenomenal" and "an amazing piece of television".

"Some of the acting was leagues apart from anything I've seen in a long time," he said. "Vicky McClure was just breathtaking."