Search This Blog

vrijdag 18 januari 2013

Patsy Kensit: 'Emmerdale was incredible, but I wouldn't mind Corrie'


Patsy Kensit has described her former role on Emmerdale as "a real godsend" and "a reinvention" for her - but admitted that she wouldn't mind a part on rival soaps EastEnders and Coronation Street.

The former Holby City star, who played village bitch Sadie King from 2004 to 2006, told Digital Spy she is thankful for the boost Emmerdale gave her career.

"I loved doing it, I learned so much and it was a real godsend being offered that part," she said.

"It was a reinvention for me, it was incredible. I got to come back and really [have] a place in primetime television... it was just a blessing."

Asked if she would consider appearing on a different soap, Kensit replied: "EastEnders, because I was born and raised in London. It's always had a real special place for me. [And] Coronation Street was something I grew up watching.

"I left Holby City two and a half years ago and I really wanted to be a full-time mum for a bit, so we'll see what the next job is. I don't know yet."

Kensit went on to describe Emmerdale's live 40th anniversary episode last October as "incredible", adding that she hopes the show wins "lots of awards" in the near future.

The actress also discussed her appearance on Strictly Come Dancing in 2010, confessing that she had failed to continue training afterwards as she pledged.

"Dancing truly lifts your spirits," she said. "It's really, really strenuous, but you don't notice it because you've got the music and you're learning something new and it's wonderful.

"The show finishes and you make every kind of promise, of course I'm going to stick this, it's so wonderful, and within three, four months I'd put all [the weight I'd lost] back on and probably a bit more. I loved it, I had a really good time on the show, but I haven't carried on dancing."

Kensit stated that she refuses to pick a side in the ratings war between Strictly Come Dancing and The X Factor, as "there's room for both shows and they're both different things".